We would like to invite you to be part of a strategic workshop on Friday 23 June at The Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax 10.15am-3.15pm which will bring together this network and wider local partners to lead the development of Calderdale’s borough-wide strategic approach to good food for everyone.
The workshop is part of borough-wide activity to support positive food culture across Calderdale and aims to engage and empower people and organisations to work in partnership to take forward solutions to the challenges we face with regard to food. The workshop will support the growing network of people and organisations supporting good food culture and will lead to actions that can be taken forward through working together.
We are delighted to be working with Food Matters (one of the three Sustainable Food Cities partner organisations) in the facilitation of the workshop. The workshop will include inspiring presentations from food partnerships from other parts of the UK and will focus on the 6 key themes which form the basis of the Sustainable Food Cities Award framework:
- Promoting healthy and sustainable food to the public
- Tackling food poverty, diet-related ill health and access to affordable healthy food
- Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects
- Promoting a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy
- Transforming catering and food procurement
- Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system
- For further details email Amanda Donnelly at: firstname.lastname@example.org